Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oooff!!

Rasmussen Poll: Just 47% Oppose Nationalizing Oil Industry

Gag and Choke time if that statistic is true.

Okay so let get this straight:

Gas prices are high not because of the supply and demand price relationship. Instead privately owned oil companies, which only control 10% of global oil reserves, are sitting "behind closed doors" and by fiat charging us exorbitant prices to "squeeze" us. I never knew.

Nationalized companies can avoid the law of supply and demand. You mean a nationalized company can just tell foreign governments to sell us their oil for less than the market price. That's awesome! I guess then it doesn't matter that we import 60% of our oil. We'll just tell them we'll buy it at cost. No problem!

Government regulation and increased corporate taxes will increase the oil supply and the refinery capacity of our nation. I guess all those taxes will go directly to building refineries, paying off politicians to allow more drilling, and fund the actual drilling of oil. Finally, the oil companies won't have the money to pay their lobbyists to influence politicians to stop them from drilling. Finally!

It really is a stroke of genius. Just do what Chavez does. By nationalizing oil companies we can stop those record profits -- those suck don't they? If we had done it back when he did we could have declining production and lower oil profits too. Behind the curve again. Stupid America. Well cheer up better late than never.

It's so nice to have the moral ambiguity of taking someone's private property cleared up for me. I mean we demand action! Screw the shareholders! Crap I own shares in a mutual fund that owns energy company stock! Nooooooooo! It's so complicated I want my government funded binki! Please just take care of me!

1 comments:

Daniel T said...

I want a parrot like Chavez.