Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"No I did this" "It makes all the difference"

Look the other way people I'm not being a hypocrite.

"In little-noticed confirmation testimony recently, Obama nominees endorsed continuing the C.I.A’s program of transferring prisoners to other countries without legal rights, and indefinitely detaining terrorism suspects without trials even if they were arrested far from a war zone.

The administration has also embraced the Bush legal team’s arguments that a lawsuit by former C.I.A. detainees should be shut down based on the “state secrets” doctrine. It has also left the door open to resuming military commission trials."

Perhaps this can sum things up. via

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i found another important post for your blog =)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=55-whales-die-after-mass

Anonymous said...

I hope no one is actually surprised about this, not that any other president would have (ultimately) done it differently. I still think Obama was the worst choice.

As a side note, I'm just waiting for the Obama administration to be the administration that finally does us in, so I can finally say "I told you so!"

At which point I'll hold a "I told you so" party and invite everyone that I deem worthy of getting their faces rubbed in my over enthusiastic gloating.