Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My New Favorite Show

KINGS is my new favorite show. I don't know if it's for everyone, but I think it's awesome.

What makes it so awesome?

1. A loose literary/dramatic interpretation of the Old Testament story of David.
2. An alternate universe. What seems to be New York, but with an absolute monarch.
3. For the most part great acting.
4. And, Beautiful camera work. It is alone awesome to look at.



The first season is paid for, but the ratings haven't been so good. At least we should get the first season. Honestly, it feels like it should have been an HBO/Showtime/A&E drama.

No doubt it will be canceled along with a host of other fabulous shows (Brisco County Jr., Firefly, etc).

Both episodes aired so far are on Hulu.

For those of you who actually watch TV it's on Sunday at 9/8 central.

3 comments:

April said...

I have been watching this too....

I totally love it!! The cast is great, I love Ian McShane. And I thought the first pilot episode was amazing. And I love the whole alternate world/king thing.

Caleb said...

I'm glad someone else is enjoying it as well. And Ian McShane is amazing.

Ashley and Caleb said...

Now Caleb- what about Burn Notice? Hypothetically, if they were both on at the same time and you had to pick one, which would it be?